We specialise in the best of local real ales at The George. We usually have a couple of guest ales available to sample and you’ll almost certainly love our regular ales too. These include beers from the Great Oakley Brewery, which is no distance up the road, and from the Vale Brewery in Brill.
Our regular ales
- Vale Pale Ale
- Vale Best
- Tiffield Thunderbolt
Vale Pale Ale, 4.2% abv, Vale Brewery Company, Brill.
Hops from across the Atlantic together with Kent's finest deliver an assertive, dry hoppy ale with a pronounced malt background. Gold Medal winner at the 2007 Reading Beer Festival.
Vale Best, 3.7%abv, Vale Brewery Company, Brill.
Light copper in colour, all English, heavily hopped IPA resulting in a thirst quenching beer with a pleasant hop aroma and balanced finish.
Tiffield Thunderbolt, 4.2% abv, Great Oakley Brewery, Tiffield.
Tiffield Thunderbolt is a thirst-quenching delight of a pale beer brewed with two different New Zealand hops.
- Ashby Pale 4.5% abv - A Pale Ale, light in colour but not in strength, with a citrus finish. Brewed by Toll Gate Brewery in the heart of the National Forest at Ashby De La Rouch.
- Legion 4.1% abv - Golden hoppy ale. A good balance of malt and fruity hop on the nose and palate. Brewed by Dow Bridge Brewery, Catthorpe, Leicestershire.
- GB 3.9% abv -Nethergate GB's bite may not be as strong as his curmudgeonly Uncle, Old Growler, but he's clearly another fine breed. Playful and intriguing, you'll have fallen for his loveable charm after your very first encounter, always bringing you back for more guaranteed enjoyment and making a lifelong friendship. Delicately smooth and well balanced; an amber coloured bitter, fruity and light on the palate, with a hint of earthy spice and a delicious hoppy finish. Brewed by Nethergate Brewery, Stour Valley, Pentlow, Essex.
- Azzanewt 4.4% abv - Pours a hazy pale yellow color with a small white head. Fruity malty citrus hoppy flavor. Has a fruity malty citrus hoppy finish. Brewed by Nethergate Brewery, Stour Valley, Pentlow, Essex.
- Stour Valley 4.2% abv - A smooth refreshing golden ale brewed with citrus hops. It has a lovely fresh zingy aroma with a touch of spice early on and a gentle bitterness at the end. Brewed by Nethergate Brewery, Stour Valley, Pentlow, Essex.
Mon, Weds, Thurs: noon-3pm & 6pm-11pm. Tues: 7pm-11pm. Fri: noon-midnight. Sat: noon-11pm. Sun: noon-7pm.
Lunch, noon-2pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. Dinner, 6pm-9pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. All Day: Sat noon-9pm, Sun noon-5pm.