We specialise in the best of local real ales at The George. We usually have a couple of guest ales available to sample and you’ll almost certainly love our regular ales too. These include beers from the Great Oakley Brewery, which is no distance up the road, and from the Vale Brewery in Brill.
Our regular ales
- Vale Pale Ale
- Timothy Taylor Landlord
Vale Pale Ale, 4.2% abv, Vale Brewery Company, Brill.
Hops from across the Atlantic together with Kent's finest deliver an assertive, dry hoppy ale with a pronounced malt background. Gold Medal winner at the 2007 Reading Beer Festival.
Egret 3.8% abv, Great Oakley Brewery, Tiffield.
Very pale, slightly sweet with pleasant fruity aftertaste.
Guest Ales now pouring:-
- Thunderbolt 4.2% abv - A pale beer brewed with two different New Zealand hops. A thirst-quenching delight that won the overall Silver Award in the National Independent Beer Awards in March 2017, and Gold in the SIBA Midlands Regional Competition 2016. Brewed by Great Oakley Brewery here in the village of Tiffield.
- Hopical Storm 4% abv - Timothy Taylor introduce their latest addition to their award - winning Taylor Made Range. Hopical Storm is a 4% abv modern style dry - hopped Pale Ale using hops grown entirely in the UK. Citrusy and seasionable, it has a pleasant fruity body topped with flavours on mandarin, mango and passion fruit. Brewed by Timothy Taylor Brewery, Keighley, West Yorkshire.
- Intrepid 4.9% abv - No notes for this one! You'll just have to taste it and make your own notes.Brewed By Irving & Co Brewing Company. Portsmouth.
- Illustrious 4.7% abv - Light golden pale ale with mandarin and lemon hop notes on the nose. This “lusty” ale has a resinous challenger hop flavour complimented with a light sweet malt character, the finish is a lasting bitterness with floral hop notes. Brewed By Irving & Co Brewing Company. Portsmouth.
- Just One More 4.2% abv - A deep/golden ale,a lovely citrus flavour with a soft fruity note. Brewed by Elliswood Brewery, Hinkley.
- Barrel of Laughs 4.1% abv - A best bitter, copper coloured, a blend of the best malts and finest hops giving vanilla undertones and a lovely aftertaste. Brewed by Elliswood Brewery, Hinkley.
- Hansom Pale 3.9% abv - A deep copper ale, with a refreshing flavour, leaving a lovely bitter aftertaste. Brewed by Elliswood Brewery, Hinkley.
Mon, Weds, Thurs: noon-3pm & 6pm-11pm. Tues: 7pm-11pm. Fri: noon-midnight. Sat: noon-11pm. Sun: noon-7pm.
Lunch, noon-2pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. Dinner, 6pm-9pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. All Day: Sat noon-9pm, Sun noon-5pm.