We specialise in the best of local real ales at The George. We usually have a couple of guest ales available to sample and you’ll almost certainly love our regular ales too. These include beers from the Great Oakley Brewery, which is no distance up the road, and from the Vale Brewery in Brill.
Our regular ales
- Vale Pale Ale
- Timothy Taylor Landlord
Vale Pale Ale, 4.2% abv, Vale Brewery Company, Brill.
Hops from across the Atlantic together with Kent's finest deliver an assertive, dry hoppy ale with a pronounced malt background. Gold Medal winner at the 2007 Reading Beer Festival.
Egret 3.8% abv, Great Oakley Brewery, Tiffield.
Very pale, slightly sweet with pleasant fruity aftertaste.
Guest Ales now pouring:
- Dazed and Confused 4.6% abv - Sorry no tasting notes available, it's so unique you'll just have to come along and try it for yourself! Brewed by Triple FFF Brewery, Alton, Hampshire.
- Spinnaker 4.5% abv -Brewed with English Challenger and First Gold Hops, this straw coloured summer ale has a fresh malt and mandarin aroma, soft fruits are the dominant flavour with a lasting bitter hoppy finish. Spinnaker is available throughout June, July and August. Brewed by Irving Brewery, Portsmouth.
- Agincourt 4.5% abv - Sorry no tasting notes available, it's so unique you'll just have to come along and try it for yourself! Brewed by Bowman Ales, Droxford, Meon Valley, Hampshire.
- Alton's Pride 3.8% abv - A traditional English bitter brewed using water from the Hampshire chalk hills. Full and clean tasting, initially malty then tangerine fruit and resinous hop build to a quenching bitter finish. Camra Supreme Champion Beer of Britain 2008. Brewed by Triple FFF Brewery, Four Marks
Nr Alton, Hampshire.
- NZPA 4.6% abv - A taste explosion of tropical fruits and crushed gooseberry to bring out your inner Maori. Brewed by Pheasantry Brewery, East Markham,
Mon, Weds, Thurs: noon-3pm & 6pm-11pm. Tues: 7pm-11pm. Fri: noon-midnight. Sat: noon-11pm. Sun: noon-7pm.
Lunch, noon-2pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. Dinner, 6pm-9pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. All Day: Sat noon-9pm, Sun noon-5pm.