We specialise in the best of local real ales at The George. We usually have a couple of guest ales available to sample and you’ll almost certainly love our regular ales too. These include beers from the Great Oakley Brewery, which is no distance up the road, and from the Vale Brewery in Brill.
Our regular ales
- Vale Pale Ale
- Timothy Taylor Landlord
Vale Pale Ale, 4.2% abv, Vale Brewery Company, Brill.
Hops from across the Atlantic together with Kent's finest deliver an assertive, dry hoppy ale with a pronounced malt background. Gold Medal winner at the 2007 Reading Beer Festival.
Egret 3.8% abv, Great Oakley Brewery, Tiffield.
Very pale, slightly sweet with pleasant fruity aftertaste.
- St Modwens 4.2% abv - The patron saint of Burton upon Trent, St. Modwen was a 7th century nun wo founded the Burton upon Trent abbey where it is said that beer was brewed and she produced miracles with the Burton well water. A crisp and refreshing blonde beer, not too bitter with a subtle malted wheat biscuit taste. Brewed by Heritage Brewing Company, Burton upon Trent.
- Walk The Line 4.2% abv - 'I Walk The Line' was Johnny Cash's first number 1 single in 1956. The record was released by the legendary Sun Records. Vale Brewery have brewed this Red Rye American Beer n honour of the man in black. Expect flavours of toasted malts and dried fruits with a smooth bitterness. Brewed by Vale Brewery, Brill, Buckinghamshire.
- Zenith I.P.A. 5% abv - The word zenith is used to describe when the sun reaches its highest point in the sky. This light, bright coloured IPA is brewed for the arrival of Spring. Brewed by Cross Bay Brewing Company, Morecambe, Lancashire.
- Stop Messing About 3.8% abv - An English Pale Ale made with English Hops from Vale Brewery, Brill Aylesbury.
- Vanilla Mild 4.3%abv - May is the month that CAMRA celebrates all things mild. To honour this we have produced a dark mild ale that is flavoured generously with Vanilla. Deep brown in colour with a smooth bitterness from european hops and a hint of roasted malt character in the finish. Brewed by ValeBrewery, Brill Aylesbury.
Mon, Weds, Thurs: noon-3pm & 6pm-11pm. Tues: 7pm-11pm. Fri: noon-midnight. Sat: noon-11pm. Sun: noon-7pm.
Lunch, noon-2pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. Dinner, 6pm-9pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. All Day: Sat noon-9pm, Sun noon-5pm.