We specialise in the best of local real ales at The George. We usually have a couple of guest ales available to sample and you’ll almost certainly love our regular ales too. These include beers from the Great Oakley Brewery, which is no distance up the road, and from the Vale Brewery in Brill.
Our regular ales
- Vale Pale Ale
- Tiffield Thunderbolt
Vale Pale Ale, 4.2% abv, Vale Brewery Company, Brill.
Hops from across the Atlantic together with Kent's finest deliver an assertive, dry hoppy ale with a pronounced malt background. Gold Medal winner at the 2007 Reading Beer Festival.
Egret 3.8% abv, Great Oakley Brewery, Tiffield.
Very pale, slightly sweet with pleasant fruity aftertaste.
Tiffield Thunderbolt is a thirst-quenching delight of a pale beer brewed with two different New Zealand hops.
- Kentish Reserve 5% abv - A Premium Bitter the colour of burnished copper. Crystal malt and a Goldings-led hop blend bring into being flavours of peaches and plums, ending on a note of rich ruby port. Brewed by Whitstable Brewery, Maidstone, Kent.
- Elmers 3.8% abv - Elmer's is a 3.8% pale bitter, brewed with Maris Otter malt, hopped with East Kent Goldings and Nelson Sauvignon. A lot of love has gone into Elmers and it has been going down a storm in pubs. Brewed by The Flying Monk Brewery, Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
- Cosmic 4.2% abv - Cosmic has an amber glow with an initial malt aroma. The complex balance of malt and English hops give lingering tastes of nuts, fruit and a dry hoppy bitterness. Brewed by The Blackhole Brewery, Burton on Trent.
- Ay Up 3.9% abv - An eminently drinkable pale session ale. Subtle malt and floral notes are matched splendidly with citrus hop, rounded off with a slightly dry finish. Brewed by The Dancing Duck Brewery, Derby.
- Boadicea 4.5% abv - A straw coloured beer brewed with 100% Boadicea hops. Delicate fruity flavour, strong but subtle for its strength. Brewed by Rother Valley Brewery, Rye, East Sussex.
Mon, Weds, Thurs: noon-3pm & 6pm-11pm. Tues: 7pm-11pm. Fri: noon-midnight. Sat: noon-11pm. Sun: noon-7pm.
Lunch, noon-2pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. Dinner, 6pm-9pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. All Day: Sat noon-9pm, Sun noon-5pm.