We specialise in the best of local real ales at The George. We usually have a couple of guest ales available to sample and you’ll almost certainly love our regular ales too. These include beers from the Great Oakley Brewery, which is no distance up the road, and from the Vale Brewery in Brill.
Our regular ales
- Vale Pale Ale
- Tiffield Thunderbolt
Vale Pale Ale, 4.2% abv, Vale Brewery Company, Brill.
Hops from across the Atlantic together with Kent's finest deliver an assertive, dry hoppy ale with a pronounced malt background. Gold Medal winner at the 2007 Reading Beer Festival.
Egret 3.8% abv, Great Oakley Brewery, Tiffield.
Very pale, slightly sweet with pleasant fruity aftertaste.
Tiffield Thunderbolt is a thirst-quenching delight of a pale beer brewed with two different New Zealand hops.
- Drop Bar 4% abv - This is a beer to drink all night long and all year round. A slower, low temperature fermentation and dry hopping with Mosaic yields crisp flavours, subtle bitterness and a gentle floral, tropical fruit aroma. Brewed by Tring Brewery, Tring, Hertfordshire.
- Bharat 4.5% abv - Bharat is the Hindi name for the Republic of India where the majority of the worlds root ginger is grown. This ginger infused golden ale balances aromas of citrus and tropical fruits from new world hops with the tang of root ginger that results in a refreshing and seriously drinkable beer. Brewed by Aylesbury Brewhouse, Aylesbury.
- Avondale 4% abv - An amber ale with a stunning floral aroma and a subtle bitter finish. Brewed by Strathaven Brewery, Strathaven, Scotland.
- Pale 3.9% abv - Brewed with a combination of Kentish and North American hops, this is a lighter-bodied, fully flavoured golden ale. A SIBA award winner. 3.9% vol. Brewed by 360 degrees Brewing Company, Sheffield Park, East Sussex.
- Best 4.2% abv - A modern version of a traditional Best Bitter, copper-coloured and brewed only with British hops to produce an aromatic ale with a clean bitterness. 4.2% vol. Brewed by 360 degrees Brewing Company, Sheffield Park, East Sussex.
Mon, Weds, Thurs: noon-3pm & 6pm-11pm. Tues: 7pm-11pm. Fri: noon-midnight. Sat: noon-11pm. Sun: noon-7pm.
Lunch, noon-2pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. Dinner, 6pm-9pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. All Day: Sat noon-9pm, Sun noon-5pm.