Keeping the traditional country pub alive
The George at Tiffield is an award-winning, traditional country pub just three miles from Towcester in Northamptonshire. We offer a well stocked bar that features Cask Marque accredited real ales and tasty, home-cooked pub food. At The George you can relax in the garden or play French boules during the summer, and in the winter enjoy the glow of our wood burner in the bar while you try your hand at traditional Northamptonshire table skittles. Music at The George ranges from our regular open mic nights and acoustic events, to outdoor rock 'n' roll gigs.
Mon, Weds, Thurs: noon-3pm & 6pm-11pm. Tues: 7pm-11pm. Fri: noon-midnight. Sat: noon-11pm. Sun: noon-7pm.
Lunch, noon-2pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. Dinner, 6pm-9pm: Weds, Thurs, Fri. All Day: Sat noon-9pm, Sun noon-5pm.
What's on at The George
Guest Ales now pouring
- Legion 4.1% abv - Golden hoppy ale. A good balance of malt and fruity hop on the nose and palate. Brewed by Dow Bridge Brewery, Catthorpe, Leicestershire.
- Ashby Pale 4.5%abv - A Pale Ale, light in colour but not in strength, with a citrus finish. Brewed by Toll Gate Brewery in the heart of the National Forest at Ashby De La Rouch.
- GB 3.9% abv -Nethergate GB's bite may not be as strong as his curmudgeonly Uncle, Old Growler, but he's clearly another fine breed. Playful and intriguing, you'll have fallen for his loveable charm after your very first encounter, always bringing you back for more guaranteed enjoyment and making a lifelong friendship. Delicately smooth and well balanced; an amber coloured bitter, fruity and light on the palate, with a hint of earthy spice and a delicious hoppy finish. Brewed by Nethergate Brewery, Stour Valley, Pentlow, Essex.
- Azzanewt 4.4% abv - Pours a hazy pale yellow color with a small white head. Fruity malty citrus hoppy flavor. Has a fruity malty citrus hoppy finish. Brewed by Nethergate Brewery, Stour Valley, Pentlow, Essex.
- Stour Valley 4.2% abv - A smooth refreshing golden ale brewed with citrus hops. It has a lovely fresh zingy aroma with a touch of spice early on and a gentle bitterness at the end. Brewed by Nethergate Brewery, Stour Valley, Pentlow, Essex.
Great night atThe George